Tell Brak

Tell Brak
Site of archeological site in Northern Syria

Thursday 19 May 2016

Star over Bethlehem

I've excavated another shard of Agatha's life and writing. I may have known and forgotten, but I have discovered that Mrs Mallowan published at least one book using her married name. The book is entitled 'Star Over Bethlehem: and other stories'. I managed to buy a hard cover copy for just under £5 from Amazon and I believe it must be from the original print, since the lending dates start from about 1974. According to Amazon, this is a rare thing. There is a 50th anniversary edition published by Harper Collins Publishers Ltd (25 Sept. 2014). What makes the copy that I have managed to acquire particularly special is that it is ex Oxford library. I can't tell which library would have stocked it, but it is quite something to have the book from an area in which Mrs Mallowan lived. It might look a bit fly-blown and faded, but it will be treasured. It will also be read to help with the dialogue for the screenplay - when I get a minute to sort it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment