Tell Brak

Tell Brak
Site of archeological site in Northern Syria

Thursday 12 May 2016

My mistress' voice

I've completed the FutureLearn screenplay course. I confess to skipping all of the videos. Something about people pontificating about writing and so on makes me feel depressed. I thought I'd missed some of the activities, but find I've completed what I was supposed to do and have posted them here, which was useful.


Checking the course again has led to me thinking that I must stop procrastinating. It also made realise that my biggest hurdle is lack of self belief and the constant feeling that I am a total nobody; unpublished (creatively anyway), no relevant academic background, not famous, nothing. It makes me feel that whatever I do will not be taken seriously.


The other major hurdle to the screenplay is finding Agatha's voice. I want to be true to her, even the aspects of her personality and prejudices that I don't like. So it occurred to me to search for letters. And here's a couple of examples. The photo of Agatha at the bottom looks to have been taken at about the time I want to tell her story.




No comments:

Post a Comment