Tell Brak

Tell Brak
Site of archeological site in Northern Syria

Wednesday 25 May 2016

One of many connections

I moved to North Walsham in Norfolk in August 2014. It had been my plan for several years when I returned to the UK after living in the United Arab Emirates. After a few months to settle down, I discovered that the best restaurant in North Walsham was The Beechwood. Then I discovered something more amazing - Agatha Christie stayed there many times. It's mind boggling. How can this be? She would spend a month at a time in the area. I live within half a mile of the hotel. These connections keep occurring, and yet I still feel I'm on a wild goosechase.


I'm pleased to report that I persuaded a companion to join me for dinner on 15 September last. We had a spare place and I poured fresh cream ceremoniously into a cup and left it for the birthday girl. Sadly, I was in too much pain from a torn cartilage in my right knee to really enjoy the experience. Perhaps it should be an annual event.


If you're interested in following in Mrs Mallowan's footsteps, here's more information:


The Beechwood

No comments:

Post a Comment