Tell Brak

Tell Brak
Site of archeological site in Northern Syria

Thursday 29 April 2010

Mystery solved

It wasn't much of a mystery in the end. Just sloppiness. I found the two books at home, in a carrier bag that I had taken from work to use for rubbish. I hadn't checked whether anything was in the bag and had hung it in the rubbish room. Fortunately, a housekeeper who lives nearby and whom I employ to feed my cats when I'm away had asked to buy the small wardrobe which was in the same room. She told me that she needed the wardrobe because "my saris are under the bed". Last weekend she wanted to take the wardrobe before her saris were ruined by the huge amounts of dust that accumulate in every house as we live in the desert, so I had to take everything out and do some sorting. There were the books. Storm in a teacup.

Currently reading 'Death Comes As The End' which I am not enjoying. A strange combination of Egyptian names from 4,000 years ago, with limited descriptions and dialogue from 1930s England. It doesn't work. It's not surprising that this book is not well-known. I'm about a quarter of the way through so maybe my views will change.

I need to get a copy of Agatha Christie's autobiography. Fairly essential reading for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment