Tell Brak

Tell Brak
Site of archeological site in Northern Syria

Monday 5 April 2010

Agatha Christie & Archeology

I'm really excited about this project. It ticks several boxes for me, so I hope that I can make something happen. It might take a few years to actually make the journey, because I'll need time to raise enough money to pay for the trip, plus be without work for a few months and yet still pay the bills at home. At least while I'm working in the Emirates I can save money.

I'm going to enjoy the research part of this. Someone told me that my penchant for finding out about things is because I like puzzles. It seems fitting to start this venture as an investigator, given that Mrs Mallowan is famous for her detective stories.

As I'm desk bound for now, I'm going to use the internet for the initial investigations. It's a wonderful tool and I wonder how on earth I managed without it in the past. This morning I've discovered that there is a whole department in the British Museum named 'Agatha Christie and Archeology'. Henrietta McCall is special curator for the department, and a member of the department of the Ancient Near East. She is the author of The Life of Max Mallowan (2001), and Mesopotamian Myths (1990). So, now to track down her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment